Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games Greetings! Today on “ How to destroy the world ” we are looking at computer games (Hello! Danas u emisiji «Kako uništiti svijet,» Mi ćemo gledati na kompjuterske igrice). Da biste dobili daleko od surove stvarnosti brutish reality ljudi su došli do invented kompjuterske igre u kojoj puno tuča i zabave, ali niko umire all the fighting, all the fun, but none of the death Međutim, ljudi ne uzimaju u obzir da, iako svi žive sretno online everyone is living happily online stvarni svijet može prestati da postoji the real world can cease to exist
- How do you spend your free time? Do you or your friends play computer games? How often?
- Match the words and their definitions:
1 Nasty (adj) a Cruel 2 Brutish (adj) b Thank God! 3 Escape from (v) c Killer 4 Thank goodness! d Unpleasant, dangerous, or painful 5 Ogre (n) e Causing great interest or excitement 6 Slayer (n) f To run away 7 Sword (n) g To come to an end 8 Exciting (adj) h To be 9 Abandoned (adj) i A giant, usually given to eating human flesh 10 Cease (v) j To become very weak or ill 11 Exist (v) k Deserted 12 To fade away l A weapon with a long metal blade and a handle
- Mark the sentences true (T) or false (F):
- Life’s always been nasty, brutish and long.
- Computer games were invented as a way to escape from everyday reality.
- Nowadays life is still stressful.
- Susie becomes a space princess in digital world.
- Online Frank is ogre, slayer of mammoth.
- Ogre has his own pub, magic sword, but he hates fighting.
- The digital world is far more exciting than the real world.
- The real world ceases to exist.
- Match A and B to make phrases, translate them into Russian and use in your own sentences: